-
April 4th, 2006, 09:08 PM
#2861
Inactive Member
i can never recall what its called without looking at it, but right now im playin 'Downtown Special - Kunio Kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugou!' somehow i guess that translates to 'technos samurai - downtown special'. basically it's a translated nes rom of a sort of sequel to river city ransom. lot of rcr stuff in there but takes place in fuedal japan, and you're accompanied by a cpu controlled npc(probably there for 2 player reasons). pretty good so far, but i haven't run into any tough enemies yet, at least none that stayed around long enough to get thier asses kicked.
-
April 7th, 2006, 03:42 PM
#2862
Inactive Member
Kingdom Hearts 2 has beent he biggest let down of any game I've ever played. Including XS ep 2.
-
April 10th, 2006, 04:14 AM
#2863
Inactive Member
I got Oblivion too! I'm currently around 20 hours into the game and it is awesome!
-
April 10th, 2006, 04:36 AM
#2864
Inactive Member
Oh KH2 is disappointing? O_O Well no matter probably won't get to play it until the game price drops to $20-30 XD so poor...
-
April 10th, 2006, 11:54 AM
#2865
HB Forum Owner
IRT Xellos: Kingdom Hearts 2 has beent he biggest let down of any game I've ever played.
How so? I don't recall KH1 having any hot girl they could turn ugly. J/k, what's disappoiting about it? Does this include FFX-2?
----
Still playing Oblivion, an awesome game. I've began collecting mods for my first Oblivion distribution combining them. Right now I've got a more random game balancing, more wilderness creatures that aren't insane, improvements for some particular textures, female nudity (still missing proper textures down there and males), changes in the interface, tweaks to water and weather, tweaks to merchants and pricing, and similar stuff. I aim to make the game play a bit more like Morrowind and offer more fun for merchant players.
-
April 13th, 2006, 02:30 PM
#2866
Senior Hostboard Member
I beat XSII and FFVI last week. Now i can say with justification how i feel the Xeno series lines up so far (with FFVI thrown in for the sake of perspective):
Xenogears: 9/10 (The definition of a flawed masterpiece)
Xenosaga Episode 1: 8/10 (Promising, ambitious start - but too easy and restrictive).
Xenosaga Episode II: 5/10 (A trainwreck of a sequel complete with an interesting, yet broken battle system; a great, albeit poorly used Kajiura score; and glitches and buffering hiccups throughout).
Final Fantasy VI: 10/10 (Pushed the boundraries of the RPG genre more than any other at the time, and set countless codes and conventions still used in today's RPG's).
I sincerely doubt KHII will disappoint me more than XSII. From what i played of it, at least it actually ran smoothly on the PS2, which is more than i can say for the latter. I even encountered a glitch in XSII which stopped me from locking on to objects when wandering around one of the dungeons; as it turned out, i needed to shoot an object to proceed, which left me wandering around aimlessly for an hour before i finally decided to reset the PS2. Fortunately it worked when i tried again, but ive never had a PS2 game do that to me before.
IRT Wiseman - No, in fact they made the hot girl(s) hotter - and legal. Im not far enough through to make a decent verdict on the game, but i think the general consensus is that it has more style than substance - especially as far as the battle system goes. Magic is pretty useless now, and summoning is still just for show, but now they allow you to pull off special attacks using the very same button as the standard attacks - which turns it into a very pretty button masher. Its definitely worth playing if you enjoyed the original though.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 13, 2006 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
-
April 17th, 2006, 05:05 PM
#2867
Senior Hostboard Member
Playing Guitar Hero. Anyone else got this?
-
April 19th, 2006, 01:45 AM
#2868
Inactive Member
Nice to see you like Paper Mario, Cat.
Never played Guitar Hero. How is it?
I've got a 360 now, have DOA4 (mainly for the Spartan) and Battlefield 2.
-
April 19th, 2006, 10:16 PM
#2869
Senior Hostboard Member
Guitar Hero is very solid, and theres a lot of great music (albeit covered). I'd give it an 8/10, on account that the features they've announced for the upcoming sequel (such as co-op play, and Bass and 2nd Guitar parts) sound even better. Regardless, i highly recommend you try it; its one of the PS2's fresher gaming experiences, and if you like classic rock/blues, at least your ears will be pleased.
And yes, Paper Mario is great. My favourite GC game so far (probably until Zelda is released).
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 19, 2006 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
-
April 21st, 2006, 02:26 PM
#2870
HB Forum Owner
Sticking to fun, fun SSMB:Melee. Though I wish the computer were smarter so I wouldn't have to beg my bro to play -.- .
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks